Today might be one of the saddest days in my life.
- Earlier this morning, my right sandal’s strap broke on my way to work. I was already too far to go back to our boarding house to change into shoes, so I limped my way through the overpass, jeepney stop and office (thank goodness, my other co-worker brought her slippers she brought them in case it rained again today).
- Our coordination meeting was moved to Monday. Meaning: no letting out of grievances.
- Our project funds have not been released until now, which means no operating expenses, no salary.
- A first year student from my alma mater, the University of the Philippines-Manila committed suicide earlier today. She has been forced to take a leave of absence because she was unable to pay her tuition for the 2nd semester. Her application for a student loan was allegedly to have been repeatedly denied. Her father is a taxi driver and her mother is a housewife.
- When I informed my older sister about the college student’s suicide, she replied with “Hayaan mo ung student na un. Mahina ang loob. Engrossed sa sasabihin ng ibang tao.[Don’t mind that student. She’s weak-willed. She’s engrossed with what other people will say.]” Considering she’s also a nurse who studied mental health wellness and illnesses, that kind of apathetic, judgmental statement really pissed me off.
- When I came home, since I was going to change clothes, I closed one of the blinds near my bed. My bitch of a roommate came out of the room for a while and when she returned, she opened the blinds again (Well, aside from that, she has done a lot of annoying things). I’ve kept mum about this, but I just really hate how selfish and inconsiderate she is of my other roommate and I.
I’m not really in my usual self, so please forgive me if my writing tonight is kind of incoherent.