My older sister got married last 12/26/2012. And it got me thinking for the past few days:
I don’t wanna get married.
I realized a lot of things:
- Planning, preparation, and the wedding itself is very expensive not to mention stressful (and time consuming).
- Yep, I know sex is nice with your husband, but getting pregnant, giving birth and raising children is damn difficult and expensive.
- I can imagine myself having a boyfriend but I can’t imagine myself having a husband and kids.
- I’ve been alone for so long that even the thought of having a boyfriend is becoming foreign to me (I’m already 23 now and has no BF since birth. And people may find it weird that I didn’t cry at my sister’s wedding–she was 8 years older than me and she was away from home a lot, so we were not really that close. The best man, who was the groom’s younger brother, cried. They were close).
- I still have many things I wanted to do (like travelling to a lot of countries and learning new skills) and I think that getting married will tie me down and prevent me from doing those things.
- I am afraid to let go of my otaku and fangirling activities. LOL.
I know it’s still early for me to say this and I might still change my mind. But as of this moment, I am 100% sure.